The Historic Hotel Washington
 
Historic Hotel Washington and Grand Room, a beautiful Place for Weddings
by Victoria Stewart 
 
The historic Hotel Washington Grand Room and Vintage Motorcycle Museum at 545 North Market Blvd. in Chehalis is a fun location to hold a wedding, or any special event. Barbara and Frank mason are the owners of this historic 1889 hotel which was once touted as a prime location to stay in Lewis County, as it was right next to the Northern Pacific Train Depot; now the Lewis County Museum.
  
Upstairs in the Grand Room there is plenty of room for dancing, along with room to host a live band, or a dj. In addition to renting the grand room, guests may also rent the vintage Motorcycle Museum, or arrange tours of that facility. The Hotel Washington opened in 1889 between the railroad station and uptown Chehalis.  In 1911, The Dream Theatre was constructed inside the spacious ground floor of the hotel along with Rice's Millinery Shop and The Hotel's Offices. while the upstairs remained hotel rooms.
 
 
 
Years later, the building was known as Ben Franklin's Five & Dime Store, and most recently, Phyl's Furniture. On Friday evening July 11, 1997, a tragic fire destroyed the furniture store and the entire third and fourth floors of the hotel. In October 1997, Frank and Barbara Mason obtained the building and proceeded with a complete restoration. The masons' have received many awards for their ongoing efforts at restoring historic buildings in Lewis County including a  Preservation award for the Columbus block 1892 building in 1992 and the judd building in 1994,
 
Barbara Mason, Gov. Gary Locke, Mrs. Mona Locke, Frank Mason.
In 1999, a state Preservation award was presented them by Governor Gary Locke  for The Hotel Washington building restoration. 
 
 in 2002, Another preservation award was given to them for restoring the 1904 judge seymour white house located at 120 Pacific Ave. in Chehalis.